Here are some tips you can use to avoid the adverse health effects of a diet high in processed foods, sugar, and saturated fats:
• Choose whole, unprocessed foods whenever possible. Fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, organic lean proteins, and healthy fats like avocados and olive oil should be the foundations of your diet. These foods provide the body with essential vitamins and minerals.
• Limit your sugar intake and saturated fats. Be mindful of added sugars in processed foods and drinks, and choose plant-based protein sources when possible instead of high-fat meats.
• Read food labels carefully. Look for products that are low in sugar and saturated fats and high in fiber and other nutrients.
• Cook at home more often. This allows you to control the ingredients in your meals and avoid the hidden sugars and fats in processed foods.
• Practice moderation. Enjoying the occasional treat or indulging in your favorite foods is okay. Just be mindful of portion sizes and how often you eat them.